To submit a job please contact the Wisconsin Mortgage Bankers Association at email@example.com
PROGRAM SPECIALIST, SINGLE FAMILY LOAN ADMINISTRATION (MADISON)
Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Program Specialist on our Single Family Housing team in our Madison office. This position is responsible for performing specialized administrative support related to the Single Family Housing Group, Loan Servicing Team.
- Answering incoming customer service calls;
- Preparing, posting, reconciling, monitoring and analyzing payments and disbursements of WHEDA loans and/or programs;
- Reviewing, monitoring, analyzing and interpreting data to determine insurance coverage and escrow accounts;
- Preparing appropriate documentation/reports for filing with regulatory agencies;
- Reviewing and analyzing documentation/information to perform new loan set up, satisfactions, monthly statements;
- Performing 15- to 30- day outgoing collection calls;
- Processing coupons and closing documents;
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Hmong is a plus.
- Maintaining confidentiality as it pertains to customer information and other information obtained as a WHEDA employee.
Experience: Ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of progressively responsible experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of applicable principles and practices in assigned program area; applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations; data collection methods; loan programs and documentation requirements. Knowledge of mathematical principles and practices; modern office practices and equipment; English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation; records maintenance principles; and customer service principles. Candidate will also be skilled in providing customer service; using a computer and related software applications; handling multiple tasks, performing mathematical calculations; preparing, updating and designing reports, forms and documents; collecting, analyzing and summarizing data; applying loan/program administration activities; processing, creating and reviewing loan/program documentation. Maintaining files, records, database and other related systems, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; preparing reports and business correspondence; communicating laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures, communication and interpersonal skills. Any combination of training and experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, required skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position will be considered.
WHEDA offers a competitive salary which will be commensurate with qualifications. WHEDA employees participate in the State of Wisconsin benefit package which includes retirement, health insurance and deferred compensation programs.
Candidates must complete and submit a cover letter, resume, and a WHEDA Employment Application by January 29, 2013. The application can be found on our website at www.wheda.com.
Responses can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent via U.S. Mail to:
WHEDA Human Resources-AW
PO Box 1728
Madison, WI 53701-1728
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Residential Loan Officer - Madison Area - 1211352
Responsible for the origination of residential loan applications through outside solicitation from brokers, builders, for-sale-by-owners, and attorneys. Monitor the expedient processing of loan applications through regular contact with processors. May be required to participate in loan processing, as well as closings, when loan volume warrants.
- Identify needs and refer customers to business Select partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
- Promote the Bank's loan programs to the community through daily contact with real estate brokers/builders and customers.
- Follow up on leads generated by personal effort, regular contact from within the industry, call-in/walk-in inquiries, in addition to the support enhancements from Bank advertising, and direct mail efforts.
- Conduct pre-qualification interview on behalf of realtors, builders, and individual customers. Explain and recommend the most appropriate available loan programs based on a pre-qualification interview. Maintain a file of pre-apps that do not immediately result in a formal application. Follow up on pre-apps regularly until they apply for a loan with the Bank, apply for a loan with another lender, or withdraw from the mortgage market.
- Accept residential mortgage loan applications from customers. Screen applications for compliance with Bank, industry, and agency guidelines. Notify in a timely way those applicants who do not qualify. Implement processing of qualified applications as quickly as possible. Monitor the processing of the loan in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Conduct all mortgage loan solicitation, origination, processing, and closing within the regulations of ECOA, RESPA, and other regulatory body requirements now in effect and those in the future, as they become effective.
- Active solicitation and origination of mortgage loan programs to low to moderate targeted areas, and low to moderate income individuals. You will serve as the liaison to local, state, and federal government agencies, as well as not for profit community development groups. (CRA Loan Officer)
- Cross-sell Bank products and services to the following standards: 95% of applicants shall have or open a checking account with AB, N.A., 50% shall apply for a home equity line of credit and 50% for a credit card.
- Prepare records and reports as requested regarding loan solicitation, origination, and closing activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E. Act.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree in finance, economics, real estate, or other business related field is preferred.
- One year of residential loan origination or processing experience with a financial institution or mortgage banker is preferred.
- Highly motivated, sales-oriented individual.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner with department staff, Bank customers, real estate brokers, builders, and other industry-related persons.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail with specific ideas and goals.
- Proficiency with typewriter, financial calculator, Bank data processing system, and personal computer.
- Basic understanding of the mathematics of finance.
For more information click here
. You will need to search for job number 1211352
Loan Partner II
Waterstone Mortgage Corp. is an exceptionally strong and innovative mortgage lending company headquartered in
with more than 50 offices in 11 states. Waterstone is the best of both worlds: The power of a mortgage banker and the flexibility of a mortgage banker. Waterstone Mortgage is a wholly owned subsidiary of WaterStone Bank SSB with assets of nearly $1.8 billion. For the second year in a row the Business Journal of Milwaukee, WI recently ranked Waterstone Mortgage as the No. 1 Mortgage Lender in southeast Wisconsin Waterstone Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #186434) is a wholly owned subsidiary of WaterStone Bank SSB (NASDAQ: WSBF).
WMC’s Madison branch is looking for a qualified individual to increase service levels within the branch while freeing up time for the Loan Originator. This individual is the primary contact for WMC clients after and is responsible for taking applications, scheduling appointments, locking loans, etc. This is an ideal position for someone looking to move out of a processing role that enjoys customer interaction or a lender that enjoys servicing current customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Function as the primary contact and liaison between clients, the Loan Originator, Processing, and other branch personnel.
· Responsible for taking applications over the phone and scheduling appointments.
· Responsible for requesting/obtaining referrals from all WMC clients, current and potential.
· Responsible for submitting complete loan applications for each customer file.
· Track all requested documents in Encompass
· Review documentation received within 24 hours of receipt for discrepancies, omitted data, verified income calculation, asset verification and Encompass updates based on verified information.
· Immediately notify Loan Originators when any discrepancies are found on documentation.
· Partner with Loan Originators in resolving problems on files/documents.
· Ensure files are complete and set-up in accordance with WMC policy and procedures.
· Attend all Branch/team meetings.
· Review approved mortgage loans to determine conditions that must be met prior to closing. This includes, but is not limited to, private mortgage insurance, title, hazard insurance and flood determination and other underwriting conditions. Ensure that all items are cleared and proper documentation is in each file prior to completing the closed package.
· Verify accuracy and consistency of information in file to ensure closing documents are prepared according to investor/product guidelines.
· Answers question regarding closing requirements from, but not limited to, other staff members, vendors and investors.
· Responsible for the development, implementation and management of annual review calls with clients.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), as well as 3-5 years of mortgage loan processing or mortgage lending experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Prior experience on Encompass LOS system or other mortgage processing software, DU, LP and other automated engine submissions.Waterstone Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.